Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Mexican Restaurant

Let me just say, you can get some pretty rockin Asian cuisine in Honolulu, second only to a few places I will never forget in San Francisco.  Not that it's cheap by any means (nothing is here).  The cheap stuff is locally referred to as "plate lunch" and is pretty much every where you go.

It usually consists of a couple of scoops of white rice (yes, my old friend...) and some type of meat.  If you are lucky, you might get a random vegetable.  And, of all things, at a lot of places you can substitute one scoop of rice for macaroni salad (mac salad).  If you ask me, macaroni said is extremely disgusting, so why it is a stable of Hawaiian cuisine is a complete mystery to me.

The food I miss most from California is Mexican.  The Mexican food in Hawaii is flat out terrible.  Sometimes I fantasize about bringing real Mexican food to Hawaii.  Or at least the great home-style stuff that I am use to from California.  I could be... the Burrito King!
Well, I can dream right...

No comments:

Post a Comment